2017年10月3日 星期二

Happy Mid-Autumn Festival - Mooncake Edition

Passion for mooncake, but not for sale....this year.


My few attempts to make snow skin mooncake. Pandan snow skin was my 1st try, it was failed though it looked perfectly nice. The snow skin was too hard when I took it out from the fridge the next day, quite upset as I thought it would be successful. 

Rainbow snow skin was my 2nd attempt, well I didn't snapshot it as it was too sticky till I totally can't accept it as my "product", I threw it away. Heart pain of my ingredients was wasted.

I wanted to make a snow skin, I wonder why other people can do it well while I keep on failed. For the last try, I told myself. So I made a tiny batch of matcha snow skin by using the ordinary recipe, the 1st and 2nd recipes were modified according to comments from experience baker but seem like I'm not talented to make it well. 3rd, it was successful, the snow skin just soft enough after fridge. And it has good comments from colleagues with my homemade custard & sweet potato fillings.

Nevertheless, I have Shanghai mooncake just in case my snow skin had all failed. Luckily......

Happy mid-autumn festival to all ^.^


1. Shanghai Mooncake ~ Sweet potato & custard fillings



2. Matcha Snowskin Mooncake ~ Sweet potato & custard fillings
Ingredients:
150g GaoFen, 150g icing sugar, 40g olive oil, 200ml water, 1tsp greentea powder;


3. Pandan Snowskin Mooncake ~ Red bean paste & sweet potato fillings


沒有留言:

張貼留言