2016年12月11日 星期日

Tinker Bell Fondant Fairy Cake & Cupcakes 花仙子翻糖蛋糕&杯子蛋糕

From the day my friend asked my favor to do a fairy cake for her daughter's birthday celebration, I hesitated if I able to make it. Though there was hesitation, nut my passion drove me to accept the challenge.
I started google info and looked for ingredients and decor thingy since then, it took around 3 weeks. Undeniable there was an unseenable pressure along the preparation, however, putting myself in a shoe of a little girl to imagine how excited she could have a tinker bell birthday cake was encouraging me.
My hubby has to run for me for the ingredients that can only get in a specific store, and tolerate my weird temper while I'm doing the cake.
Today the mom tell me the little girl and guests love it much....a totally pressure releasing. A perfect baking she said, touched me absolutely, thanks for the chance given, my passion worth the tiredness.





Fondant cake
Lower tier - 7inch, upper tier - 5inch;
Cake base and caramel buttercream recipes are here, I double up the ingredients to make a 6" and 7" round cake respectively. Cut each of the cake into 3 layers and re-shape the 6" cake to 5".


Cupcakes (chiffon)
Yoghurt chiffon (modify to 5 eggs recipe) & chocolate chiffon (modify to 5 eggs recipe)


Buttercream for cupcakes
Chocolate
unsalted butter 150g(room temperature), icing sugar 45g, milk 66g, cocoa powder 15g;
beat the butter + sugar until light, pale and fluffy, gradually add in milk and continue to beat it until well combined, add the cocoa powder and mix well.
Peppermint
unsalted butter 150g(room temperature), icing sugar 45g, milk 66g, spirulina powder 10g, peppermint essence 1tsp;
beat the butter + sugar until light, pale and fluffy, add in peppermint essence and mix well, gradually add in milk and continue to beat it until well combined, add in the spirulina powder and mix well.

Strawberry



Lemon
I reduced the sugar level to 40-50g;




沒有留言:

張貼留言