2016年11月27日 星期日

1st Trial of Fondant Cake~Fairy Fondant

My friend ask my favor to do her a fairy cake for her daughter 4 year-old birthday in December.
I didn't come thru to complete a whole fondant cake by myself before, but i would like to take up this challenge, simply because of my passion in baking.

This is a demo version (but eatable) just to present to my friend before the real one coming.




I thought i don't like fondant cake since it look too sweet, but this demo i use the moist chocolate cake base, which is not sweet (but not bitter), layering with caramel buttercream,  covered up with thin fondant.....oh my god, it's taste good. Even my husband doesn't abandon it!

Cake base:
a) cake flour 140g, cocoa powder 60g, baking powder 1/2tsp, soda powder 1tsp;
b) egg 1(A), sugar 120g, salt 1/4tsp, olive oil(any vegetable oil) 58g, yogurt 120g;
c) milo 115g(2g milo powder + 110 hot water);

Caramel butter cream:
butter 150g(room temperature), sugar 30g, caramel essence 1tsp;

=>> Combine well ingredients a, whisk well all ingredients b. Gradually add in ingredients a into b, =>> Use the spatula the mix well, alternately add in milo.
=>> Oven it 160degree for 50 minutes.
=>> butter + sugar beat well until smooth and soft, add in caramel essence and mix well. Apply in between two layers of cake, and a tiny thin at the cake surface.

P/S:
Yogurt can be substituted with milk or evaporated milk, I've tried with evaporated milk, taste good as well.
The milo may not be used up all, depends on the stickiness of cake batter.

沒有留言:

張貼留言