2016年7月31日 星期日

Matcha "Pineapple" Buns 抹茶菠蘿包



The weekend that need not to bury me into study text! How relaxing it is after the completed exam.

Is time for me to challenge something new in bread baking. I miss the HongKong food always, especially the traditional breakfast, simple as a "pineapple bun", or egg tart, or "cocktail bun", or french toast, and a cup of hot milk tea....oh, that's really my favorite.


But all these are far from me, and due to this super miss, I gonna to challenge myself with "pineapple buns", a matcha "pineapple" bun. Why matcha? My hubby likes my matcha red beans toast so much, so I decide to use this recipe as a base, and top it up with "pineapple skin", 

The combination just came from what we crave for, we got a matcha toast that been modeling into buns and "pineapple skin" in matcha favor. The buns are just nice to taste, such a simple thing bring up my day!


"Pineappple skin" Ingredients:
Bread flour 118g, matcha powder 2g, butter 60g, sugar 40g, egg 1/2

1. Whisk the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Add in egg and continue whisking.
3. Sift in flour and mix it well become a dough, don't overmix.
4. Put in fridge for 1 hour.

Revisit the matcha red beans toast for buns base.
Complete method of combining the dough and "pineapple skin", please refer to carol recipe here






沒有留言:

張貼留言